Friday, May 16, 2008

A Walk in the Park: Battle Ground Lake

My wife works in Battle Ground and as I was out there today, I remembered Battle Ground Lake State Park. I've lived in Clark County for 6 years but still hadn't been out to the lake. With the weather being as beautiful as it is, I decided I would go for a walk in the park.

Battle Ground Lake State Park is located just a few miles northeast of the city of Battle Ground and the lake is surrounded by a gorgeous forest. For hikers like me, there are trails all through the forested areas around the lake that allow you to walk through some very beautiful scenery. There are even some benches if you want to just sit and soak up the surroundings.

Battle Ground lake is almost perfectly round and you can walk around the whole lake. Other activities at the lake include fishing, boating, and there is even a beach where the family can soak up some sun. Picnic tables, restrooms, and barbecues are all available. If you are a camper, campsites are available by reservation.

For a hike, family picnic, or overnight camping, I think you will enjoy Battle Ground Lake State Park. For more information, check out the Washington State Parks website. You might even want to take advantage of our beautiful weather and head out to one of our area parks this weekend. This is the time of year to enjoy the beauty of our area!

Have a great weekend!


Chris Hyde
Mortgage Consultant

No comments: